MBPC is fully engaged in the organisation of the 3rd edition of the MPA Forum co-organising three discussion sessions, supporting two side events and contributing to a good number of sessions.
The third edition of the Maritime Protected Areas Forum (MPA) will be developed in a hybrid format from November 28th to December 1st 2021 and will focus on the finalisation of the post-2020 MPA Roadmap.
The Oceanographic Museum and the Novotel of Monaco will be the physical scenarios for the MPA Forum, which also offers the opportunity to attend on-line.
The aim of the forum is to conclude the development process of the Post-2020 Mediterranean MPA Roadmap that began in October 2020 through an extensive multi-stakeholder online consultation process.
MBPC is fully committed to contribute to this process, especially addressing topics such as the adaptation of climate change in Mediterranean MPAs, the effective implementation of MPAs, and their socio-economic benefits.
In order to do so, MBPC partners will be co-organising 3 discussion sessions and 2 side events.
MBPC co-organised discussion sessions on 30 November from 11:00 to 12:30
- DS17 Mainstreaming climate change adaptation into Mediterranean MPAs at the Museum-Plenary room. Co-organised by MedCities and MPA ENGAGE
- DS19 Overcoming obstacles to the designation and effective implementation of MPAs, at the Museum- R2 Hirondelle room, co-organised by ETC-UMA
- DS20 Valuing MPAs socio-economic benefits: How can MPAs support the financial sustainability of small-scale fisheries?, at Novotel-R3 Salle Backstage, co-organised by CPMR and FISHMPABLUE2+
MBPC is further organising 2 side events:
- SE03 Celebrating the creation of the first two MPAs in Montenegro: sharing challenges and ways forward: Organised by the The Ministry of Ecology, Spatial Planning and Urbanism of Montenegro on 29 November at the Novotell-R4 Salle On Air from 17:30-18:30
- SE05 Collaborative framework and stakeholder involvement in the Pelagos Agreement, organised by the Pelagos Agreement Secretaria and ETC-UMA on 30 November at the Novotell-R4 Salle On Air from 18:00-19:00
MBPC partners will further contribute to a good number of networking and discussion sessions through their active engagement, including among others the presentation of the MBPC Catalogue of Monitoring, Management and Geospatial Tools.
MBPC Community will also be on full swing, with sessions co-organised by MPA-NETWORKS, PBMPAs
The forum is organised by MedPAN, UN Environment Programme, the Mediterranean Action Plan, SPA/RAC, WWF, the Prince Albert of Monaco Foundation and their partners, including among others the MBPC.
Registrations for onsite participation are only available upon invitation.
If you want to attend the event on-line you can fill-up the registration form: https://medmpaforum.limequery.org/613894?lang=en%20target.